Wednesday, September 27, 2006

FOR MOLLY

I wanted to post this before I left for Tokyo, when the 'Save Molly' massif was welling up. I wrote this in response to a piece that Molly had written for me, but hers has since been lost somewhere in blogdom. I am not totally happy with the accompanying photo, as I'm not sure it really conveys the intensity of the emotion in the words. I wanted something more fierce and 'elemental', but surprisingly I couldn't find a photo of mine that was of stormy seas, though I am sure I have one somewhere. Anyhow, I just wanted to get this out there.





MY ROSEBUD, MY SPECIAL
(also titled 'Laughing')


As the few dash home to escape the storm

I sit here atop my dune

Giggling at the joy of the sand as it surrenders in dance to the wind


A flicker of ancient familiarity

Have I been here before?

Waiting


Waiting?


The flax creaks behind me

And for a moment I hear your footsteps as the bedroom door closes

I turn, but of course you are not there

I laugh again, throwing my head back

Reveling in the elements

My toes tingle all at once

Sand and tiny tiny shells swirl in my already salty hair

Golden against the dark grey sky

That same grey as your old school skirt

That comforting smell of Rose


Alone I search the waters

The horizon jagged and blurred

Briny spray in my eyes and mouth

The white tips of the waves chase each other

Excited by the storm

Did I see a piece break off?

I squint trying to make sense of it

A lonely feather racing towards me

I reach out to catch it

But it has already slipped into my hand

Tickling my palm

I stamp my feet and laugh even harder

I hear your soft voice gently calling my name

Pressing the feather to my lips I whisper

'My Rosebud, my special'

Then return it to the wind

Off you go little one!!

Watching, dizzy with laughter, as it circles my little head once

Or was it twice?


A happy tear blows from the corner of my eye and rushes toward the sea

I look up but the feather has gone

'Find her! find her!' I wish

I clasp my hands to my chest

Did I hear you call my name?

Tears fill my eyes


Laughing

14 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Thankyou Podders. I have still got the original Podders story. I will post it up at some point. You are my brilliant friend Pod. Always have been, always will bexxx Love always. The sky here this morning was very similar. It reflects your own skyxxxxxxxxxx

Always be free Pod and be happy wherever you go. Hopefully be back soon my dearest. I feel really lonely and this has cheered me up to know that even though you are so far away...you have thought of me. Talk soonxxxx

4:48 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Oh....the laughter we have had! Goodness gracious me...what laughs of joy and goodness.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Trac said...

I've been away and now I'm back to find Molly is going and Le Chat's eaten all the bicuits! :O(

9:53 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

That was lovely, Pod. Molly is lucky to have a friend like you.

My friends just complain about me eating all the biscuits, don't they, Trac my love!!? Pity really cos virtual biscuits are the only ones I ever get to eat!!

Hope you had a good trip, Pod.

Kitty xxx

7:30 AM  
Blogger Pod said...

good golly miss molly! i wish i was closeby for tea and cuddles and podchats that make you feel better. please don't be lonely love. when you are asleep i shall float in and stroke your hair and sooth your soul. you are really very silly coz you have no need to feel lonely. so many people and love you, and even if it was only me that did, that would be enough!

euro-trac - i know, so much can happen! funny how one person can eat SO MANY BISCUITS!

le chat - did you hear that? hmm? had an amazing trip. will post some pics when i get them developed. if i could send some biscuits from here i would, but i fear they would be hairy by the time they arrived there.

purlers!! - you're both spesh,and i am really glad to have a new friend. it is joy to discover that you are a wonder too!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Trac said...

Oh alright... she wouldn't eat all the biscuits!

She'd drink all the wine though! :O)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Pod said...

she's naughty whatever! ;0p

12:15 PM  
Blogger Inconsequential said...

:)

6:02 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

hello inconsequential...though i am sure you're not....thanks for popping in and smiling!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Poddy you hot toddy.
Love your photos old chap, quite a talented wee pickle you are.
- Sb

11:24 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

Paulie!! Hoorah, i am so pleased to hear from you. Even more pleased that you paid a visit to my second home Castelo Sao Jorge, not bad hey? And even more pleased that i am a hot toddy in your eyes. Oooh, you made my day!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors, hermes, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, michael kors, nike roshe, tn pas cher, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, north face, nike air max, mulberry, coach outlet, nike air max, ugg boots, nike free run uk, north face, replica handbags, nike air max, sac guess, michael kors outlet, lululemon, true religion jeans, abercrombie and fitch, nike blazer, hollister pas cher, michael kors, new balance pas cher, hogan, oakley pas cher, kate spade handbags, true religion outlet, coach outlet, air force, burberry outlet online, vanessa bruno, ugg boots, timberland, ray ban pas cher, true religion jeans, coach purses, lacoste pas cher, hollister, burberry, ralph lauren uk, ray ban uk, michael kors

1:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

insanity workout, celine handbags, gucci, baseball bats, birkin bag, beats by dre, new balance, converse, abercrombie and fitch, mont blanc, converse outlet, jimmy choo shoes, vans, nike roshe, reebok shoes, north face outlet, hollister, oakley, wedding dresses, soccer shoes, ferragamo shoes, nike air max, nike huarache, ghd, nike trainers, louboutin, mac cosmetics, bottega veneta, asics running shoes, timberland boots, vans shoes, ralph lauren, hollister, instyler, longchamp, nfl jerseys, lancel, nike air max, babyliss, iphone cases, p90x workout, chi flat iron, mcm handbags, lululemon, north face outlet, herve leger, hollister, ray ban, valentino shoes, soccer jerseys

1:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

bottes ugg, ugg boots uk, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, pandora jewelry, moncler, hollister, marc jacobs, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, replica watches, canada goose, moncler, swarovski crystal, links of london, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, thomas sabo, karen millen, pandora jewelry, moncler, montre pas cher, juicy couture outlet, ugg pas cher, louis vuitton, moncler, moncler, louis vuitton, moncler, louis vuitton, supra shoes, coach outlet, canada goose, toms shoes, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler, doudoune canada goose, canada goose, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, pandora charms, canada goose, sac louis vuitton pas cher, pandora charms

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home