Sunday, December 24, 2006

POD'S FIRST CHRISTMAS



Yes that is me trying to grab the baubles with my big brother Day-Day. I loved the tree and all the sparkle, and one time when I was older (about 4?), I am sure that when I wondered downstairs in the night and slowly opened the living room door, I caught the fairy flying around the room giggling. There was glittery dust everywhere. I went back to bed and I never told anyone, until now.

I used to get one or two pillowcases full of presents. This year I haven't enough to fill a sock!! But pity not, I want for nothing other than folk to be happy!!




I am looking after an old doggie called Bernard PhD, and we just had a very peaceful stroll through Coopers Park (except for when a twig touched my leg and i thought it was a deadly snake...stiffled scream). It's a little oasis of calm near where I live. There is a fantastic view over the city, and then the stone stairs (known as the stairs of death when I run up and down them) drop steeply down into a gully, complete with running stream and lots of lovely trees and ferns and old mossy stone bridges. It is raining!! Not quite the Sydney Christmas I had in mind!! But it is still nice, infact I felt the rain rather cleansing. It was so nice to have some peace for a while. I wanted to write something about the spirit of Christmas bla bla, but Letty, bless her, made a great job of that. Suffice to say that I miss my family and friends, and I miss Little Moth, as I know that many of you will be missing your own 'Little Moths' too. Let us celebrate the love they gave us, and the love around us that we all receive from our families and friends (even if we don't receive it in quite the way that we want it!). It is sometimes easy to give and not to receive, so open up and let it in I say!! I know for sure that some think they are not loved, but they really really are!!

I am missing all my mates!! I miss the silliness and laughter, but I shall be raising the odd sherry to those present and not!! Love each other, love yourselves, coz Pod loves you!!

Keep it sweet

xx

Oh and Bernard says Woofy Christmas too (he has fallen asleep with his head under the washing!)

22 Comments:

Blogger JDA said...

Merry xmas Pod...love the stairway photo...looks like Thailand?

7:40 PM  
Blogger JDA said...

I'm going to put a link up on my site entitled....THE GOOD PHOTOGRAPHER!

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If those are the stairs of death at the end, well, it looks very pretty, and not very death like at all :)

I just looked out of the window, it's grey and foggy and looks very miserable, i'm truely envious right now of where you live.

Have a good one Pod, whatever and however you do it :)

I shall pop in again tomorrow :)

7:43 PM  
Blogger JDA said...

I have a few good bottles of vintage port....so I shall be ok....hic!!

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Dear Poddy. I'm glad you stopped by my place for a Christmas drink :)

I love the stairs shot.

Have a wonderful, joyous Christmas full of love and laughter.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny thing is, it's raining here in Florida too! And JDZS says it's raining in Seattle, and apparently it's raining where Inconsequential is...hmmmm...so where is it NOT raining?

That's a really great-looking park. And I love the old snapshots. :)

Have a great holiday, Pod and all his commenters!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Jozee said...

Christmas hugs and kisses and wishes for the Happiest of New Year's.

I hope that Little Moth and my mom and dad have all met each other in the next realm. I really think our mum's would like each other.

I'm glad to have met you sweet, Poddy.

Thinking of you and all your lovely friends here with fond best wishes.

Happy 2007!

Merry Chrizzle little thizzle!

12:39 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Oh Pod cool Subbuteo behind you, trust me to notice that...makes me think of my brother.. Lovely pics Pod... Have a great time you...

1:43 AM  
Blogger Joel Reynolds said...

Merry Christmas, dude

I hope 2007 is a great one for you - I love your pics and can't wait to see more.
All the best,
Joel

1:43 AM  
Blogger rockmother said...

Ooh - I'm loving that vinyl sofa!!

Have a lovely Christmas - see you in blogland soon.

xxxx

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi 'baddie'
i wish you all the joy and happiness in the world.


*love your new avatar*

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Pod,

I have been introduced to your blog through Eleukra. I absolutely love your pictures and I hope that you have a wonderful christmas filled with joy and love.

All the best,

MA

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy late Christmas Pod - actually happy late Boxing Day chez toi...

We used to get pillowcases full of pressies too but oh dearie me not anymore...

Lovely retro furniture - well I know it wasn't retro then but it looks great!

xx

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have letters to write...
Just...

Merry Christmas!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

What a beautiful post - and - what a beautiful little boy you were. Of course you saw the faeries. From the looks of your death stairs and the surrounding park, my guess is you could stumble upon some faeries right there. Happy holidays and yes a sherry to you, too!

12:44 AM  
Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

p.s. It was raining here in Washington DC, too!

12:46 AM  
Blogger get zapped said...

What an adorable little baby you were! I think it's really fun of you to share those pics. And like you, I wish for folks to be happy! Peace.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy holidays Pod - and to Bernard too (who looks like a sweetie). ;-)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Pod said...

JUG - thanks mate!! hope you had a cool yule. the park is in sydney next to my house. i often think i am somewhere tropical. it is very rainforesty. ta for the link!

INC - they aren't the stairs of death. the SODs are much more steep and many! hope you had a lovely time with the family? ;0)

FAYE - thanks love!! you too x

SIMON - yes, dig! dig! dig!

STEVE - i love the park. tis a littel oasis. quite special really. sorry to say that the sun appeared about 2pm on xmas day. needless to say we all hit the beach about 3 for the afternoon!

JOZEE - thanks love. tis a pleasure meeting you too!! i am sure litle moth and your mum are lloking down saying 'ahh, look at them' and smiling at us x

CLAMMY - i thought you might notice the subbuteo -oh oh oh oh!! joyeux noel x

JOEL - thanks dude, same to you!! ;0)

ROMO - thanks for the laffs chuck!! hope you got some new shoes for chrimbo?! ;0p

JAZZY - i shall have to adopt the new nickname!! much happiness to you too!! x

MA - oh, thanks for popping over!! much merriemnt to you too!! ;0)

WEND - hope all is well chez tu (or is it toi?). who cares? i remember that sofa so well. i think i was sick on it once! x

EARITH - you too senor! ;0)

REYA - thank you! yes, i believe, i dont care what anyone else says!! i saw santa once too, i am sure of it! happy new year! nice meeting you ;0)

ZIPPY - yes i was once adorable....what happened?
:0/

JD - you too my friend!! bernie is sweet, if a little stinky. he is here sratching away by my feet bless him ;0)

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy chirstmas

6:53 AM  
Blogger Dizzy said...

Best wishes for 2007.

I feel lots of love for your pod. I read you comments regularily and think your great.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Oh I love the 2 pictures Poddy! Soooo cute!!! I told you I have a thing for family pictures... and of course, babies, too!!! Especially chubby babies!!! Can't help it!

*pinches BabyPod's cheeks*

2:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home