Wednesday, January 24, 2007

WEIRDNESS OF POD

I have been tagged by that crafty (literally) sod Donna (I'll get you back one day when you least expect it!!). I could sense something was coming!! Well, this is how it goes

Here are the instructions - The Rules: Each player of this game starts with "6 weird things about you". Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as clearly state this rule. After you state your 6 weird things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you're tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog for information as to what it means.

1. When I was but a tiny Pod, I was verging on obsession with that old U.S TV show Quincy. Yes. All my little friends were into action man or tonka trucks, and I used to want to play Quincy (I, of course would always play the part of Quincy). I would construct a crime scene and then pretend to do autopsies to find out how they died (and of course I would). As far as I am concerned I have Quincy M.E to thank for my current investigative capabilities, and ability to think laterally. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be me.......

2. Also as a young Pod, I could not resist the urge to bite and chew the heels of plastic dolls, Cindy, Barbi, Pippa (if there was nothing else around, Pippa was a last result, being so small). The 'perfect heel' was however that of cheap dolls, where the plastic was thinner at the heel, and one could chew through and make a hole. I confess that I would steal a doll (mainly from the Buxton twins - there i am below with the twins themselves) and chew in private, and sometimes I would return it with nibbled heel. It was a mystery to all, I as so elusive. Even now when I visit friends with kids, or when I see a doll poking out of the toybox at work, I get the urge......



3. When I clean my ears, I make a funny face, a sort of small button wonky 'O' shape with my mouth. Try as I might, I can't reproduce this whilst not cleaning my ears.....

4. On the subject of ears, for as long as I can remember, I have a penchant for cold ears, especially those of cats (i like cats for no other reason). When I was little I would put the tip of a cats ear gently between my lips and squeeze it softly (like when kids imitate an old person without their dentures in, but a little more subtly). For some reason I love the combination of cold and soft. Most cats don't seem to mind. Human ears are second best, but more difficult to 'access', and so if you are lucky enough to be my partner, I may fiddle with your ear (if it is of a satisfactory temperature) whilst I drop off to sleep, or if you are lying reading on my chest. I am simply not interested if the ear is above a certain temperature. I even have different techniques of manipulation, depending on what mood I am in, and how cold the ear is.....

5. I am convinced that I was alive, at least once before, during Victorian times. I was either very rich and important and swanned around in stately homes (highly likely), or I was a stable boy or servant that swanned around people that swanned around stately homes. I can still feel myself there, and whenever I read about that era, I 'know' it.....

6. I think everyone else is weird, and that I am completely normal

I haven't had much time to think, and I would love to go on, but........

Watch out, you, you, you you you you could be next...........

(I am interested in everyone's weirdities, please don't be put out if I didn't chose you, tis only because I may have sensed you were busy. However I do think you are all weird, and I love it!!)

26 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee. Thanks.

:)

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose I could comply...

:)

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pic, with the twins....
Midwitch cukoos or what!...

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is quincy the reason for your cadaver collection??

6:35 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

hahahaha.

what lovely weirdness.
No. 4 is quite sexy.

Yes, that picture is very Midwitchy.

Thanks, I'd appreciate some advice on bigger pics - esp. as we have SNOW today! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but don't know your email. :o(

mine is: as11@gre.ac.uk

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha Oh Pod you have made my day start happily. I am sitting here in my jim jams with a morning cup of tea laughing out loud. You are such a funny boy! I'm not letting you anywhere near my dolls that's for sure but you are welcome to nibble on any of my 3 cats ears. You are right, they wouldn't mind in fact they would be glad of the attention!

I'm not sorry I tagged you now but I shall be watching my back ;-)

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

also like cold cat ears!

12:08 AM  
Blogger heather said...

What about cold feet or a cold nose(I always have those)....hahaha.

My mom says that when I was little, I would play with my ear until I fell asleep. I'm strange. :)

12:38 AM  
Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

Oh my God! This is delicious - as delicious as cold, soft ears. I'm on it, Pod. Today's will be a very fun post to write. I am honored to be tagged, thank you. Also: this post makes me admire you even more than I already did. Who knew?

Last night in my dream you helped me organize my luggage so I could board the ship I was taking back to the States with minimal effort. You are so kind and very clever, even in my dream. Thank you!

1:27 AM  
Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

Eleukra and Pod: I was one of your servants in your past lives of wealth. I was a good servant, well, mostly except the times when I snuck a bottle of sherry from the cabinet into the kitchen to share with the other servants. Also I liked to sneak out into the gardens for secret trysts with the gardener.

OK maybe I wasn't such a good servant, but I was cheerful. Do you remember me?

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite thing about this post is the bit about the cat ears. I do that to the tips of my cats' ears all the time - put them between my lips. They always feel cold, and I think it must feel nice to the cat to have them warmed up. And who knew that other people do the same thing -- not just Pod but also lavena and probably many more! It cracks me up!

1:36 AM  
Blogger rockmother said...

Poddy Podster - I did a little piece for you on my blog xxx

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet weirdness of Pod exposed. You did it so well.
My sister used to love stroking our dog's cold ears, my other sister is convinced she's had several reincarnations, I munch my toe nails and can certainly relate to the soft weekness at the heels of plastic dolls. I'm sure I ate at least one...
And this isn't all that weird when you look at the world around us. Love you Pod!

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

er, can i put this off?

8:41 AM  
Blogger Pod said...

STEVE - so you do the ar thing too!! we would fight over ears!! ;0p

MA - dont strain yourself love x

INC - the twins always provoke that reaction. someone else mentioned 'the shining'. bless them. they were my best friends for a while. quincy certainly has a lot to answer for yes ;0)

LETTIE - the ear thing is non-sexual for me, it is alondg the lines of a basic comforting type of thing, but folk on the receiving end may get a bit of a frisk. i will mail you when i get a mo ok ;0)

DONS - i don't nibble, i squeeze ;0) and yes, watch out....

ELEUKTRA - something often pings when i read your stuff (nothing rudey). of course now that you mention it i had a wondrous cape, and now i remember chugging along in the bentley, and the thrill we both felt when we caught a flash of iridescent blue (i have a pic of me in my cape somewhere!! i really have...now will i find it??? i shall hunt). oh what fun we have!!

ETAIN - they are the best, just at the tip! i have friends in gauteng...where are you?

HEATER - you are beautifully strange and strangely beautiful for a heater of pink. now you mention it, a cold nose in the ear mnakes me giggle. i mum used to do that to me when i was a baby and she said i used to go 'eeeeeee' and smile. but cold feet, no!!

REYA - perhaps this has happened way back. one time i was but a cheeky porter winking at all the special ladies boarding the big cruiserliner across the atlantic, one time we were naughty servants stealing masters (simons) sherry.....multiple meetings across centuries....?

ROMO - to what do i owe this honour?? thank you love. now take your glasses off and gizza kiss eh? xxx

MADAME NATHALIE - just because you understand the plastic heel fetish, i shall put the toenail munching out of my mind and carry on as before!! you do make me larf!! i forgot to link you, but i shall get round to it!! ;0)

JA - of course young man, you can do exactly as ye please!!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey pod. I do read you although I don't always comment. Thanks for stopping by my place last week.

I love reading weird things about people ... :)

I had multiple Barbies, but I never nibbled on their heels. Maybe an aquired taste???

I know I've lived at least once before too. Definitely Lady of the Manor stuff and all that. I can see myself at a fancy dress ball, twirling round and round. I can't conjure up any servile feelings. Pre-Victorian for certain.

Castles leave me feeling strange too. My skin literally crawls in some of them. Maybe like Celia in Green Darkness I was walled up in one ...

12:07 PM  
Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

There's an instant comraderie with people I've known in past lives. We always "recognize" each other. It makes perfect sense to me that we stirred up trouble together. I see it, just as I can see you in your beautiful cape.

I just met Momentary Academic in "real" life and recognized her as well. What a cheerful winter this is!

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My analysis. You are weird. But in a lovely jubbly way. Just stay away from my ears though...I LOATHE anyone putting lips or tongues anywhere near them....ew!...*shivers*...

7:06 PM  
Blogger rockmother said...

Hmmm...weird but may be not so weird - I used to love holding my cats cold ears to warm them up and I used to chew my dolls feet (I used to pierce a hole in the heel with my sharp front teeth!) AND I too make that weird face when doing ears or applying green sparkly eye-shadow of a morning! x

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now I don't feel so bad about biting hands and feet off of cheap chewy dolls. for years I looked back and thought... ed gein!

1:00 PM  
Blogger get zapped said...

I bet the Buxton twins were horrified to find their little dolls with the heels mutilated! And I thought I was strange ; ) Fun post!

5:09 AM  
Blogger Pod said...

MR STARSOFT - i suspected as much. it all makes sense now....

ROMO - it seems we are not alone then.....nibblers unite!!

ANON - are you qualified to comment on my weirdness??

ZIPPY - the Buxton twins deserved it!!

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey jamie, I do that with my cats ears, he (and I) love it, fortunately he is a faithful albeit sly mog and will not let anyone else at it other than me.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Pod said...

MISS HILARY - is that you?? ;0P

11:46 AM  
Blogger Griselda said...

To Pod - the Phantom plastic heel nibbler and photographic Genius. You have my vote also, no worries. From a fellow Rat (nasty wee teethies!)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

GRISELDA - i think i know your alter-ego?? ;0P

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home